We are looking for a responsible and reliable custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use approved cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior and exterior grounds of the school looking clean and professional.
- Keep track of the inventory of all cleaning supplies and submit purchasing requests when supplies get low.
- Respond to repair requests quickly and with a professional manner
- Adhere to the school’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by the Chief Operations Officer
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
Minimum Education / Prior Experience / Qualifications Required:
- High School Diploma
- Personal traits for working cooperatively with adults; a joy for working with young people; flexibility; patience and enthusiasm
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information, fingerprinting, and sexual offender registry information checks
- Going up and down stairs (basement through third floor)
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
Generally Applicable School Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the School Employee Handbook
- Maintain productive relationships with other School staff and faculty
- Leadership/Integrity – Effectively communicates the School’s shared purpose; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
- Team player/ Commitment to Cause – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the School’s agenda.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates to students, faculty and other staff members in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity / Organizing/ Planning – Meets deadlines; demonstrates effective use of time; and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willingness to Acknowledge areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the School may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Direct inquiries to email@example.com
At St. Andrew’s School, we believe in the value of an inclusive community and strive to create such an environment. The school does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admission, scholarship or employment policies or any other programs administered by the school, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.