St. Andrew’s School encourages exploration of oneself and the world we live in through an arts program comprised of visual arts, instrument-based music instruction, dance, theatre and community arts. We view the arts as an essential part of our daily curriculum. Students are afforded many opportunities to engage deeply in the process, with the experience itself as the goal.
Some aspects of our visual and performing arts are:
- 100% of students play the violin through El Sistema inspired music program
- Process over product visual arts program
- Partnership with Richmond Ballet’s Minds In Motion program
- ART180 Extended Day program & VMFA field trips
- Fifth grade Art & Architecture program with local Architect-In-Residence
- Individual cello and bass instruction by VCU School of Music’s String Methods class for select students