Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process of helping students develop the skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflict and make responsible decisions. Morning meeting starts the day in every classroom and the values of kindness, empathy and mutual respect are modeled and discussed daily throughout the school.
Our Social and Emotional Learning program includes:
- Responsive Classroom© connects academic and emotional growth
- Elk Hill behavior specialist works 1-to-1 to develop classroom and social skills
- Full-time social work counselor addresses individual needs and supports families
- Chapel supports SEL with spiritual development
- Mindfulness training helps children feel calm