St. Andrew’s School educates children from families with limited financial means through a full scholarship for every child. Our whole child approach nurtures and develops students intellectually, emotionally, physically, creatively and spiritually.
We welcome those in the community who wish to support our school by donating their time and passion. If you are interested in volunteering at St. Andrew’s School, we invite you to explore the possibilities.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Become part of a close-knit community
- Build significant relationships with students, faculty and staff
- Know that your commitment is benefitting a child or many children
- Gain valuable work experience in a school/classroom environment
- Enjoy a fun, positive atmosphere and culture
Volunteer opportunities range from very close direct involvement with a specific child on a weekly basis or assisting a classroom teacher, to painting around the school or administrative work. Commitments can be weekly, monthly or on a project basis, depending on which volunteer role you choose.
Requirements to Volunteer
- Availability and willingness to make a time commitment (this varies by position)
- Most positions require volunteers to be at least 18 years of age
- Interest in working with children
- Patience, positive attitude, good sense of humor, willingness to learn
- A desire to help in your community
How to Become a St. Andrew’s School Volunteer
- Complete an application
- Submit information for a $16 Verified Volunteers background check (SAS will initiate the process, volunteer will pay the fee)
- Participate in a brief volunteer interview
- Attend basic 1.5 hour volunteer orientation, held once a month
- Some positions may require additional training
For information about volunteer opportunities for corporate, church, community, or school groups, please inquire with the Volunteer Manager.
Volunteer Manager: Laura Pilati
Phone: 804-648-4545 x141