Admission Open House
St. Andrew’s School will be holding an Admission Open House on Thursday, November 16 at 9:00 a.m.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. The best months to begin the application process for the following school year are November through February. We will continue to accept and review applications throughout the year as openings arise.
Families interested in applying should submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Signed Release of Student Information Form
- Copy of most recent federal tax return (Form 1040) indicating family’s annual income does not exceed approximately 200% of federal poverty guidelines, or if applicable, a printout from a social services agency case worker indicating assistance dispersed over the previous months and/or a letter of explanation with regard to the financial provision for this student
- Teacher Recommendation Form given to student’s most recent teacher
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
When your file is complete, you will be contacted to schedule a visit that includes:
- Tour of the school
- Entrance assessment and academic testing, interview, and classroom visit for the prospective student
- Personal interview with the student and parent / guardian
- Admissions decisions are typically made between January 30 and April 15 for the next school year.
- Admissions decisions are based on a variety of factors including:
- Grade-level Readiness
- Academic Aptitude
- Size of class
- Gender balance of class
- Family commitment
- Families who have completed the application and interview process will be notified in writing of acceptance, denial, or “wait pool” status for future consideration.
- Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old on or before September 30 of the enrollment year.
- Applications may be obtained either online or by contacting the school office at (804) 648-4545.
At St. Andrew’s School, we believe in the value of an inclusive community and strive to create such an environment. The school does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admission, scholarship or employment policies or any other programs administered by the school, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.